Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Organizing

.ORGANIZE ME.

My storage center of the house is pathetic. Really. But I guess it's better than nothing. 
I was excited to get this room organized and to get food and supplies stocked up. 
I still need 2 more backpacks and 3 more tubs of emergency preparedness food. We've had a couple kids since doing it but it is looking much better.


You couldn't even walk in the tiny room Before:





After:






Food Storage:

My food storage consists of Emergency Food buckets (from Costco, although I couldn't find them there yesterday). I've found they are the easiest to store and they have a 20 year shelf life so I don't have to worry about rotating. And let's face it, if something were to happen, I am not going to be thinking of meals to do with my bucket of wheat. So this is just way more practical for me. So I have these easy meals in buckets and tons of water, in the garage.
And just in case we have to up and leave suddenly, we have the emergency backpacks with everything we could possibly need for 3 days.
My emergency preparedness is super simple compared to some but it does make me feel safe at the end of the day.

1 comment:

estinger said...

if there's ever a shortage of paper towels, you're set!!!