Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

my body after triplets

::ONE YEAR LATER::

5 weeks postpartum I started working out. I was so eager to get my body back to normal. It's a little different when you don't have a newborn at home or 3 for that matter. I was getting plenty of sleep and I had the energy plus motivation to be fit again. 

Well that started and ended quickly.... It was painful!

This was my first C-section and it's just so so different. I was afraid I would really injure myself so I held off for a bit. A couple of months passed and I got back to my work out video, this time with no pain. It felt so good! Luckily I didn't gain too much with the triplets and the weight actually fell off pretty quick even before working out. But I really didn't want to be a body of skin. I wanted muscle and endurance!

I worked out for a good 6 months. 5 days a week. 30 minutes a day. To get to where I felt good. And the best part is I never left my house! I used the Jillian Michael 30 day shred video. I love Jillian's workouts and they really do work. But the key is consistency. I always work out my 5 days a week no matter what.

I do believe in good eating. But I also enjoy my bad eating. I drink a protein shake every morning for breakfast. But I also drink a diet coke with my lunch. My philosophy is eat everything but don't eat it all. 

And after 6 months I got exactly what I wanted. A love for exercising. A new habit. And a better lifestyle.


PS. My stomach really is jacked. And in fact the thinner it gets the worse it looks because of all the stretched skin. Someone who is 5'2 cannot have 14 lbs of baby and not have the lasting effects. I've started looking at my options and I will continue to research until I find the best procedure for me. I can't wait to document that whole journey...

2 comments:

MooMill said...

you look awesome chica! im on my way too, and yes, c-section is crazy! I took it easy for 90 days and now i'm just starting my long walks p.s. tell tyler thanks for the fitbit! coming in handy now!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I've hopped around both of your blogs to read your journey today, what a beautiful story. I told my SIL I'd do the same, then she was able to get pregnant. Blessings to you.