Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

.TEAM BABY.

.Transfer Day.
6.24.12

I had to get up at 6am to start drinking tons of water. They wanted me to have a super full bladder. I got ready, the babysitter came and we headed to Pleasant Grove. On the way I took the Valium they gave me. I was on a lot of meds already. Estrogen, Progesterone, baby aspirin, antibiotic and a steroid. All in hopes that my body can be the perfect home. 

I wasn't nervous at all. Just anxious I guess. Tyler and I got to the office and shortly after Kim and Curtis joined us. They brought me the cutest gift basket for my next two days on bed rest. It was seriously so cute full of all my favorite things. I had to pee so extremely bad.
8:30am they took us right back. Kim and Tyler joined me in the room. Ashley the nurse first came in to check my bladder. She said I didn't seem uncomfortable enough. She looked at my stomach and quickly said okay never mind your bladder is full. Dr. Marrs came in to get me all ready and then the embryologist came in with the embryos. The embryos actually came in an incubator. Kim and Curtis had 4 frozen embryos but only two survived the thaw. So those are the two they transferred.



It was a quick simple (for me) procedure. Absolutely no pain. I just really thought I was going to pee on the poor guy. They used an ultrasound to see where they were injecting the embryos. Immediately after the transfer they let me get up to use the bathroom but then I had to go lay back down for a half an hour.  

We did hugs and from there we went home to rest. I was definitely starting to feel the Valium. Apparently I was so impressed with all the green trees in Utah County on the way home.   

I was on strict bed rest that day. Tyler wanted to take the kids to church (I know he's so awesome) so I did all their hairs in my bed. Then I crashed. I thought I was going to crash for like days but I only slept for an hour and a half. But it was still nice to be forced to rest. Kim and Curtis came later for dinner. They then took the 3 older kids home with them for a sleepover.
Tyler worked the next day but I was fine just me and Esther. I wasn't on bed rest but just had to take it easy, which was simple with just one child. Kim and Curtis took the kids to the Brave movie and Seven Peaks. The kids absolutely love Kim and Curtis, I wonder why?


Fast forward to today.........
I've already taken pregnancy tests (like 5) so we were already prepared but still dissapointed. The transfer did not take. My blood test today was negative. So we are totally bummed. Kim and Curtis once again devastated. We all knew it was going to take a small miracle for this to work but still we are down in the dumps. There is a next time and that's what we have to look forward to. And next time will be with fresh embryos which will be so much better. This will be the 7th in vitro try for Kim and Curtis. Lucky #SEVEN? Unfortunately our DR only comes here from LA quarterly so we have to wait a few months. So we sit here and wait and pray and hope for next time.

12 comments:

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

oh man i am sad for you and them;( but i am glad there is a next time! good luck!

Michelle Kelly said...

I'm so sorry. I had a feeling when you weren't in church that something was happening. I will keep praying for you and Kim and Curtis (even thought I have never met them)

Walter Family said...

I'm so so sorry to hear it didn't take this time. We've been praying for you all and will continue to do so!!!

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry! :( Can I do anything for you? Chocolate? Diet Coke? I feel terrible for you guys.

The Hoods said...

So sorry Jamie. I sincerely hope it takes the next time.

Chante said...

So sad! I hope next time you all will be celebrating!!! Lucky number seven! #teambaby

ashley said...

I feel sometimes I take for granted being able to have children easily and this story reminds me to always recognize and be grateful for that! I cannot comprehend the struggle and dissappointment some couples go through...praying for you all that it will happen! So sorry :(

Kara said...

I'm so sorry! We will keep you in our prayers! Hopefully number seven is the real lucky one!!

Angela Morton said...

:( Major Bummer :( :( :( I am so so sorry:(

MooMill said...

I am so sorry!! I will keep sending good baby vibes until the next visit!

The Tews said...

Dang it! When I was reading I kept thinking I would scroll to the bottom and read that it worked. :( Do the chances go up with fresh embryos? We are sending prayers and positive energy to you guys and Kim and Curtis.

Josh and Megan said...

WOW! I'm in tears reading these stories. First, off Kim's blog, then yours! What an amazing sister you are to Kim! I'm so sorry that it didn't work either. Best of luck to LUCKY 7??? ;)