Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stupid Stork

When Esther was born these marks immediately appeared on her eyelids and forehead. The Dr.'s told me it was called a "stork bite" and they are super common. And then they said they will just fade away. Awesome I thought. Then they said but it may take up to 2 years. What the, 2 years! I was sort of bummed at first. I don't really like marks on my beautiful baby's face. (Even though someone else I know also had the marks and they were worse. ME!) Mother like Daughter I guess. Anyways they have already faded some but I definitely still notice them and I can't wait until they are gone! 

When we were in Midway over the 4th weekend there was this little boy. A little boy that was seriously handicapped and in a wheelchair. Then there was this little girl. With some serious scoliosis. Her poor back was so messed up. So I look down at my 2 week old with these very minor marks that will disappear soon and I feel really bad and really blessed. I will never feel bummed about any of my kid's imperfections again. All 4 of my kids are very healthy and beautiful. 

I tried to find some pictures that show her stork bites at their best. 




Stork bite or not, she is still adorable!

3 comments:

jaesi said...

i looooove the stork bite.
but Im weird.

OLIVERSONFAM said...

She's ToO CUTE even with her Bites!

Kat said...

Don't you love getting those reality checks. I bet they are long gone before 2 years but think they are cute while they last.