Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

The Mom and Dad got older

Me and Tyler's Birthday's are exactly one week apart. Sort of annoying actually. Probably why all my kids are born in the four different seasons. I didn't want anymore birthdays close to each other. Luckily I care much more about celebrating the kid's birthdays rather than me or Tyler's. It's to that point where it's just another day, just another number.

Both our day's landed on a Sunday this year. Which is nice. Unless your husband is a Bishop. But we still got to celebrate with just us the days before. So great to have Tyler's Mom here. We don't know what it's like to have a free babysitter, we've never had it before.

We just did dinner for both our Birthdays. Dinner about takes all the energy right out of me. Just the thought of a movie at this point makes my little piggies swell. Tyler chose Spencer's Steakhouse. We've been wanting to try it but I think Ruth's Chris still takes the steak.
We had our family over on Sunday and Tyler's Mom made whatever he requested for dinner and dessert.  Tri-tip roasts and Chocolate cake.




 For my dinner a week later, I chose a childhood favorite which I miss dearly, The Pasta Factory. It's on the East side which sometimes seems so far from the West side so we don't make there very often. Chicken fettucine alfredo and breadsticks with a side of Culver's ice cream on the way home. So surprised I didn't fail my glucose test that night. 
On my Sunday we again had everyone over and I chose mexican and a strawberry shortcake trifle. So much more yummy when I don't have to lift a finger.
Tyler was so excited to give me his gift, which can sometimes be a little scary. But when I opened my first pair of pearls I was so happy. The perfect gift. And of course the kids gave me their gifts which consisted of random things around the house wrapped. 
I always said I didn't want to have a baby in my 30's. I guess that's why I'm not having a baby but rather 3. I never imagined I would be here at 31 with 4 awesome kids and 3 little miracles cooking away. I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, birthdays in the same month aren't the best. We already have two birthdays in March - so you definitely can't have the babies til April k :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Good, YUMMY food where you don't have to lift a finger is a GIFT in itself. So, I would say you got SPOILED for your birthday!