Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Crap! Alex learned to roll.

Do you ever feel like it's one thing after another! So Alex is now a great sleeper. Sleeps through the night and takes great naps. We can even put him down awake and he will just go to sleep. He does prefer his tummy to sleep on and hasn't slept on his back since we stopped swaddling him a month ago. Well on Saturday he learned to roll. Every time we put him down to sleep we put him on his tummy and when he wakes up he's on his back. Great right, big whoop. No! In the last two days he has totally mastered the rolling over trick and won't sleep on his back. So now he immediately rolls and then cries. No Alex, no. What the heck do I do, I can't put pillows or anything in there to prevent him from rolling? I think my new family motto is "one thing after another". Honestly child...

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Brooke had this thing in Austin and Dylan's crib that wouldn't let them roll over. I have no idea what it is called or what it is made out of.....talk to her!!!

The Pearson's said...

I freaking love you! You crack me up... the way you wote this post I can just see you sying that!

Uh the joys and worries on being a mother someday;) I honestly learn so much about being a parent from you, Bonnie, Kristen, and Steph! I enjoy it!

I hope all is well!

The Foisy's said...

Oh I hate that! I was always so scared when Avery was at that point. They do have those things at like Target that hold them in place. I had one with Avery. It's in the baby section, but you can only use it up till a certain point but I think he is still small enough!

Michelle Arnett said...

Seriously.. . . that sucks. Kierah did the SAME thing! It's a sad sad day. You just have to let them cry and get used to sleeping on their back or make them figure out how to roll back over to their tummy. I want to adopt that motto "One thing after another." Max got hit by a car and the hospital bills = $500!!! WHAT THE? OTAA-One Thing After Another:)

Stephanie said...

I guess I don't understand the problem?? Are you upset that he's rolling over or upset that he's sleeping on his tummy?

Honestly, it is just going to get some getting used to. (I'm talking about Alex) As soon as he "gets" it and it's not a game anymore--it will all work out. It will just take a while. I remember when we went through this with Kyle and then Jack---Look on the bright side--there's not 2 or 8 of Alex it's only 1!! Thank your lucky stars!! : ) I promise---it will all get better and it will happen sooner than later : ) and then there will be another --- Like you said--"One thing after another"!!!