Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

We're Back~

Our 8 day vacation is over. Dang it.

It all started a couple of months ago when I told Tyler "I don't want to turn 30 here in the cold".  Convinced he would think of somewhere amazing to take me, I then realized I would not be ready to leave the baby for any length of time. So we started thinking of somewhere we could ALL go. And what better way to turn 30 than at the most youthful place that I could think of!
.Tyler's 33rd Birthday cake {St. George}.
.Cousins {Lancaster, California}.
We visited Tyler's Brother and his family for a couple of days in California. The kids had so much fun. I promise they did more than just this.
.Disneyland.
Grandma and Grandpa came to Disney with us for the first day!













Did I mention we picked the BEST three days to go weather-wise? We had forgotten what the sun was like so it was awesome. 75-80 degrees of wonderfulness.







Seriously our eyes weren't used to the bright sun.







.My 30th Birthday cake {St. George}.
We had such a fun week! Some things I learned on this trip:


1. I have the best little travelers. Not one tear from anyone (not even the dramatic teether) to or from Cali.
2. Apparently Esther has absolutely no tolerance for pain. She cut a tooth while there and you would have thought she was dying.
3. Alex was amazing. The little snot was the worst toddler but is turning out to be one great little kid.
4. Four kids is a lot. We had our hands full.
5. I'm thirty now and Tyler had to remind me about every 10 minutes. 
6. Don't forget your tickets. Because I did and we had to buy more.
7. I'm in love with macaroons (I had to buy 5).
8. I don't think old people in jazzy's should be able to go to the front of the line.
9. The Dole pineapple float was superb.
10. Every little tiny town we passed in the desert I would think how do people live there?
11. I love my house and I love my bed and I love my routines. 


Favorites rides:
Olivia- Space Mountain
Drew- Tower of Terror
Alex- It's a small world
Mom- Little Mermaid
Dad- Tower of Terror

5 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Looks like FUN!
My legs and back started hurting just looking at the pictures...ALL THAT WALKING!!
But, worth all the pain!
Glad you had a GREAT 30 Birthday!!

Walter Family said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I'm so jealous you got to get out of the cold for a bit! What a great way to spend your birthday!!

dslapray said...

Fun Fun Fun!!! Looks like you had a blast!!! Welcome to the 30 club!!

Kat said...

If we weren't just there the week before this post would make me green with envy! Glad you had a blast and the weather was awesome! I loved the Little Mermaid ride too, there was no line so the kids kept circling on it. Maybe I need to go back in June when I am turning 30 so I am no depressed about it. Happy birthday to both you and Tyler!

jaesi said...

i just showed these pics to my kids and they now are convinced you win for best mom.

i need to one up you somehow....