Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Organize me
Me and clothes. It's a love/hate relationship.
When Tyler asks what my deal is with buying clothes, I tell him it's like my trademark.
I don't have a space between my teeth like Madonna or a mole on my face like Cindy Crawford. So I have to buy my kids clothes to feel important.
No but I do really enjoy it.
Alex is the only kid of the four that gets the hand-me-downs. And I still end up buying him new things to "match" his older brother (they are so cute when they match).
This so called "hobby" comes with a darker side, which is about every six months I have to go through 3 closets and re-organize them. It's partly because we live in this place that actually has 4 seasons and I have these 4 kids that won't stop growing.
Luckily I have arrangements with two friends (which I highly recommend). One friend buys Olivia's clothes that she has outgrown. And another friend buys Alex's and Drew's. It's so great. I need to find someone for Esther's and I'll be set.
So this week I did just this and went through closets and clothes. And my closets thank me for it.
Alex always has way too many clothes because he basically gets double.
Before:
After: Do you see a difference? I promise there is.
Here are all the empty hangers.
(But then I opened the box that has Drew's outgrown clothes and basically filled all those hangers back up. Ugh.)
Olivia's black bag of outgrown clothes:
Why is it so hard for me to get rid of baby clothes? Am I the only one with this problem?
I know my family is COMPLETE. 2 girls and 2 boys, I could never mess that up. But it's still very hard to let go. I don't think it's the clothes I am attached to but rather the baby that has outgrown them. 
So the bigger pile is getting put away for when I can part with them. One of the smaller piles will be placed with someone who really needs them and another smaller pile are hand-me-downs from a friend that Esther will get to wear!
I'm glad it's done! For six months that is...I am consistent with organizing clothes because I HAVE to. Otherwise we would be drowning in them.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

haha! I just did this last night too! I had a pretty big pile, but I think you win! I need to show this to Bryce because he always tells me I buy too much! Now I can just mention you!! hahaha! jk!!!