At 9 weeks we had our very first Dr.'s appointment with the "high risk" clinic. Because this is a triplet pregnancy I cannot just go to my normal doctor. We have to see the best of the best. And this clinic and hospital is prepared for anything that could happen.
We were assigned to the dr that had the first available opening. Even though I wanted a different one. He was good but man he did not sugar coat anything. He let us know every single thing that could go wrong with a triplet pregnancy. Every single thing. I felt overwhelmed. Even though this was good information to have I felt he delivered it in a condescending way.
Needless to say our next visit is with the Dr. I originally wanted. I'm hoping this guy believes in the power of positive thinking like I do.
I see the team of Dr.'s every other week until some point in my 20's then it will go to every week visits. The nice thing is we get to see the babies every single time! There is no way to monitor three different heartbeats with just the tummy doppler so they will do ultrasounds to see the heartbeats. Plus we are keeping a closer eye on the identical twins. They are the ones that will give us trouble if there is any. And there are a slew of things that can go wrong with them.
One thing that we want to see in my next visit is a membrane separating the identical twins. The twins are obviously in the same sack but there is supposed to be a thin membrane in-between them, so they don't get tangled in each other's cords. Some times this membrane isn't there and it just causes more worry. We really really want this membrane to be there. So I hope I have good news come Friday.
Now that we know ALL the things that can go wrong, we can focus on the positive and look forward to the three new babies that will join the family!
(I'm not sure why we didn't ask for a picture? I will for sure on my next visit. It's quite fun to see how they are developing and growing!)
Needless to say our next visit is with the Dr. I originally wanted. I'm hoping this guy believes in the power of positive thinking like I do.
I see the team of Dr.'s every other week until some point in my 20's then it will go to every week visits. The nice thing is we get to see the babies every single time! There is no way to monitor three different heartbeats with just the tummy doppler so they will do ultrasounds to see the heartbeats. Plus we are keeping a closer eye on the identical twins. They are the ones that will give us trouble if there is any. And there are a slew of things that can go wrong with them.
One thing that we want to see in my next visit is a membrane separating the identical twins. The twins are obviously in the same sack but there is supposed to be a thin membrane in-between them, so they don't get tangled in each other's cords. Some times this membrane isn't there and it just causes more worry. We really really want this membrane to be there. So I hope I have good news come Friday.
Now that we know ALL the things that can go wrong, we can focus on the positive and look forward to the three new babies that will join the family!
(I'm not sure why we didn't ask for a picture? I will for sure on my next visit. It's quite fun to see how they are developing and growing!)
2 comments:
Was it Dr. Jackson? I had him once. Didn't care for him at all. You will love Dr. Esplin. He's great. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that there is a membrane!!!!! I want to cry for you because I know exactly how you are feeling right now. They didn't sugar coat things for me too and just knowing all the things that can go wrong makes you an emotional wreck. My advice...try your darndest not to think about it and just focus on the information that is given to you from one appt to the next. Don't try to look too far past that. I am anxious to hear about your appt on Friday. When are you going to post something on fb? Let me know if you have any q's or need anything!!!
Let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment