Pages

Monday, February 4, 2008

Once in a lifetime experience!

So last Friday Tyler and I went to President Hinkeley's viewing. First of all we didn't know if it would be appropriate to take the kids. Well when we couldn't get a last minute babysitter we just took them anyways. I am glad we did because there were tons of kids and babies there. After waiting in line outside, then inside, then being escorted into the conference center, and waiting there, we finally just made it into another line that would take us upstairs to the viewing. After a curtain point they say to be silent, there is no talking. So there lay President Hinkeley in the middle of this room. You just quietly walk by. Of course that is the closest I have ever come to the prophet, Tyler and I both agree he looked at least 5 years younger laying there. He also looked very small. But it was a peaceful moment and I am so glad we were able to have that experience.

6 comments:

Nate and Marcie said...

I wish I would have gone, that sounds really memorable and spiritual.

Kat said...

That is awesome that you guys went. I knew that he would look so peaceful and happy but I wasn't sure if I wanted that to be my last memory of him. It is still so weird to me that he is actually gone. Thats cool that Olivia and Drew got to go too.

Our Family said...

I would love any and all ideas for Primary!! It feels like our ward's Primary is starting from scratch. Joel and I are so excited that you guys are expecting again- That is so fun that you are not finding out what you are having, I would totally do that too if I had one of each already.

A said...

That is so neat you got to go see him. I was so sad I could not go because I had to work that day... but, like you said I heard it was so peaceful and very nice! I want to go to Kangaaroo Zoo next Tuesday morning if you want to bring the kids...

Mitch said...

Cool. Your kids will be happy to have been apart of it even if they don't realize it now. Are you planning on getting tickets to the Saturday morning session of conference in Apri? Should be a cool experience too. My dad and I are going to try and get tickets via our stakes (and that's when Steph is going to bless the babies)

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have experienced such a humble day.