The Dabo's officially became a typical Utah Family over the weekend!!! What a busy weekend I must say. So just for a little background, I don't really like dogs. Never had one growing up. I am very sensitive to different smells. Dog's are such a huge commitment. So with all of that I bought a puppy Saturday in the Sam's Club parking lot. Why? Because my kid's absolutely adore dogs and I just couldn't say no to Miss Olivia, she's way to cute and persistant. Some would say it's a huge sacrifice on my part, but I am actually liking this puppy. She is 3 months old, she's a tiny Shih Tzu, and we named her Zoe. Let me tell you she is such a good dog. She has had a couple of accident's on my tile (thank goodness) but other than that she is pretty much potty trained. That is the benefit of getting an older puppy. Zoe is the sweetest dog. Sleeps alot and just follows me around the house all day. She doesn't like to be alone. She is the perfect lap dog. So when my kids get sick of her, Oh I give it a month, I think she will be my little companion. I am actually one of those people that has a puppy on my lap driving the car around. Who would of thought? Anyways our family has really enjoyed her so far and we are excited to have something different in our lives at this time. The other thing that pushed us to be a Utah family over the weekend is we got a van. Another thing I always said I would never get. Look at us being all spontaneous! We knew we needed to get rid of the Land Rover soon and we have been shopping around for options. The best option is a van. With our third on it's way it's just the best car to simplify my life a little. I never thought I would see the day Tyler driving a minivan. It's so cute. Mr. Cool turned into Mr. Dad real quick. I did however tell Tyler if I get a van it has to be a Honda and it has to be completely loaded. So yesterday we found our dream van. HaHa. Let me tell you though, it is really nice. Exactly what I wanted. So now when you see the Dabo family cruising around, you will be like look at that cute Utah family with the van, the 2 kids, the pregnant wife, and the dog!!! What a weekend.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Meet the new member of our Family.....
The Dabo's officially became a typical Utah Family over the weekend!!! What a busy weekend I must say. So just for a little background, I don't really like dogs. Never had one growing up. I am very sensitive to different smells. Dog's are such a huge commitment. So with all of that I bought a puppy Saturday in the Sam's Club parking lot. Why? Because my kid's absolutely adore dogs and I just couldn't say no to Miss Olivia, she's way to cute and persistant. Some would say it's a huge sacrifice on my part, but I am actually liking this puppy. She is 3 months old, she's a tiny Shih Tzu, and we named her Zoe. Let me tell you she is such a good dog. She has had a couple of accident's on my tile (thank goodness) but other than that she is pretty much potty trained. That is the benefit of getting an older puppy. Zoe is the sweetest dog. Sleeps alot and just follows me around the house all day. She doesn't like to be alone. She is the perfect lap dog. So when my kids get sick of her, Oh I give it a month, I think she will be my little companion. I am actually one of those people that has a puppy on my lap driving the car around. Who would of thought? Anyways our family has really enjoyed her so far and we are excited to have something different in our lives at this time. The other thing that pushed us to be a Utah family over the weekend is we got a van. Another thing I always said I would never get. Look at us being all spontaneous! We knew we needed to get rid of the Land Rover soon and we have been shopping around for options. The best option is a van. With our third on it's way it's just the best car to simplify my life a little. I never thought I would see the day Tyler driving a minivan. It's so cute. Mr. Cool turned into Mr. Dad real quick. I did however tell Tyler if I get a van it has to be a Honda and it has to be completely loaded. So yesterday we found our dream van. HaHa. Let me tell you though, it is really nice. Exactly what I wanted. So now when you see the Dabo family cruising around, you will be like look at that cute Utah family with the van, the 2 kids, the pregnant wife, and the dog!!! What a weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Okay, that is so cute. That puppy is the cutest thing ever. I am so proud of you, becoming a Utah family and all. HaHa!! I would like to talk Matt into getting a van, because of gas and all, but he just won't go for it. Maybe I should have Tyler talk to him for me!!
That is a cute dog! Can't wait to see you in your van! I actually LOVE my van, I know you'll love it.
K I have to say that the puppy is pretty dang cute BUT what the crap are you thinking! Buying a dog with a baby on the way! Kids are enough work for me right now but she is cute...at least you used my next girl name for your DOG! And a van...I will admit now that I am seeing the time draw closer where I think I will actually give in and get a van. I have always said never to a van but with kids they obviously make the most sense. We will see, Kaleb is still in the never phase. Ash has a loaded Honda van and it is way nice, I can't wait to see yours!
I'm so glad that you're a "dog person" now! She is sooo cute!
Ha HA... of all people I actually picture you driving a mini van most... and to be honest I would love one too! It's so much easier! Your new pup is so cute.
I feel the same way about the van. I always said no, but they make a lot of sense. We aren't there YET. I am thinking a want a BIG cruiser van like my parent's old one :) At least they are making them look better now days. Let me know what you think. I am so close to getting a dog for Carter, she is cute.
I had a Shi Tzu growing up and she was the BEST dog!!! You'll be in love before you know it! 10 points on the van...my husband and I are thinking of getting a Honda too - which I SWORE we'd never. Just don't put the vinyl family on the back window and then it won't be THAT bad :)
You are so stinkin' hilarious! Your puppy is so cute and congrats on the minivan!
Crazy Utah family!
You are totally a Utard now! Ha Ha! Seriously, my husband is so for a van, but only the Honda since they are the only somewhat decent looking one's. I am still not ready and don't know if I will ever be ready for a van! My husband has tried to convince me, but maybe we can just skip that phase and move on to say an escalade? No, I totally understand why you'd get a van, loaded and everything. It is so nice with kids!!! Plus you have the cutest dog ever!
What a cutie! I guess Zoe is a popular name. You will love having a dog...at least I do! I am totally the same...my dogs are my little followers and they sit on my lap in the car. ha! Who would have guessed?! I don't have any advice on the potty training other than we got a doggy door and it's the best!
I still cannot believe we got a dog on the same day...hilarious! :) I wanna come see your basement!!
That is a dang cute pup!! I know how you feel though. Before Avery, we had a little Boston Terrier named Roxy, She was adorable, but way too rambunctious around kids. We were afraid she wouldn't leave the baby alone. We had to sell her. When the kids love it, it's hard. Your breed of dog, is pretty mellow so you should be good!
I'm officially jealous! I have wanted a miniature Shitszu forever...may I ask where you got her? Anyway, congratulations...on the puppy and your new van! yeah!
Post a Comment