.Organize Me.
I received a question from one of my friends on organizing baby clothes. I laughed when I read it. It seems like everything in my house is completely organized, and that’s just not the case. Baby clothes may be my enemy! I was really good in the beginning boxing and labeling all the clothes but 3 kids later, it has become a huge task and I’m lucky if the clothes get to a garbage bag.
The reason I keep these clothes is to save money. But all my babies are born in different seasons and different sizes so it’s really hard to re-use the clothes anyways. So my biggest advice would be don’t keep everything. Keep a few favorites and that’s it! I promise you will want new stuff for your new baby. Or you do the matchy matchy thing with them. I know when I buy a shirt for Drew in blue, I have to buy one for Alex in brown. Find someone that could really use the clothes. I do sell Olivia’s clothes to a friend every season. It’s been perfect. And if Olivia ever get’s a little sister, they would be 8 years apart! Styles definitely change in 8 years.
So I know it won’t happen this week or maybe even this month, but I need to go through all these clothes! Lucky for my friend, she just found out she is pregnant with twins! A girl and a boy, so she is going to get a lot of these clothes.
BEFORE:
This is our office in the basement. Tyler calls it my hoarding room. It the only room that’s out of site, therefore out of mind!
5 comments:
ahhhh I was just in the girls room for over 2 hours cleaning out clothes. The clothes werent even the worst part- my kids are HOARDERS!
Leah specifically with things like- envelopes, acorns, buttons, school papers...the worst has beer caps from the neighbors house.
She got home just in time to save the school papers but the rest was history!
I say throw it all out! Target is a great place to be :)
ah...lucky liza! :>
glad im not the only one that has a difficult time.
i went through ivy's boxes yesterday and tried to organize them in sizes..but your right..its so hard when they grow out of clothes practically every three months. especially when they are born in different seasons and can't wear them anyway.
oh well.
thanks again for this post!!!
Yay me!!! I get some clothes for the twins! Just let me know when I get them!
So true about not keeping everything. I went through Cameron's baby clothes and got rid of everything I didn't love. It went from three boxes down to one.
Post a Comment