Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

The things I do for the kids......

So over the weekend we went camping. Not the best thing to do 8 1/2 months pregnant but we had so much fun and I knew the kids would just love it. It was actually a ward camp out at Cherry Hill. I had no idea what to expect but Cherry Hill was pretty cool. We pitched our tents, roasted marshmallows, and played Catch Phrase until 12:30am. It's the best to play Catch Phrase with the bishop, especially when you get a naughty word! I actually slept in our van, while Tyler and the kids slept in the tent. I thought the van might be a little more comfortable and it probably was but I am pretty sure I didn't get over two hours of sleep the whole night. The best was when I had to go potty in the middle of the night with the flash light. The next day we just swam at the pool until we couldn't keep our eyes open any longer. It turned out to be a great weekend with all of our friends in our ward!!!




8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well one thing for sure, you are a better mom than me--I would not go camping being 8 months pregnant. I'm sure your kids loved every minute. They'll look back and think wow, I have the best mom ever!!! hey let me know if you need help with the kids the next few weeks preparing for the new baby and even after the baby comes. I'm here for ya!

Brown Family! said...

Camping?!? You're crazy! But I'm sure it was fun :) k...I'm starting to get really anxious wanting to know what this baby is. Two weeks and counting... Can't wait!! :)

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

how fun.. i felt brave camping at 3months lol.. you are my hero! its the pee breaks that are the worst by far!

Allison said...

You got great pictures! Yeah, I was totally surprised to see you there. At least you weren't sleeping on the ground in a tent.

Jill said...

That was so much fun, and you are such a trooper. It's probably something your kids will remember, and you definitely. Now for girls night out on wed. You're up for skating right?

Chante said...

That looks like so much fun. When I lived in Salt Lake when I was younger we always did a ward campout at cherry hills so I totally know what it is like, minus being pregnant and having no responsibilities since I was a kid and just played. I always thought Cherry hills was so much fun....I think we had a camper, though so we didn't have to sleep in a tent!

estinger said...

We've been wanting to go to Cherry Hill, I'm glad to hear that it is fun! I can't beleive you went 8 months pregnant - 10 points for you! I can hardly wait to see pictures of this little one!!!

The Foisy's said...

Yes, you're a good wife and mom. I don't know if i could do it at 8 1/2 months. You are a trooper. Our ward camp out is next month and I'm so afraid to try and do it with Avery. She's 9 1/2 months and decided she needs to eat at like five. It's driving me crazy. Needless to say, we probably won't get to camp. We'll probably go hangout and come home late.