Friday, September 26, 2008
Quick Alex Update
Baby is doing great. You know how you just want to eat their face off, that's how I feel when I look at him. Anyways, at his two week appointment I was faced with some different situations. First of all he weighed in at 9lbs! So he gained more than a pound and a half since leaving the hospital. I didn't realized my milk was like butter milk. My other two kids were such spitters that they didn't gain weight super quick in the beginning. Then the doctor saw that he was tongue tied. We all realized that in the hospital. What is tongue tied? I don't know but that thing under his tongue went all the way to the end of his tongue. So he couldn't stick out his tongue very far and the skin would pull back his tongue so it looked like a snake. Weird. It obviously wasn't affecting his eating habits. I guess it's really common but I have never heard of it. It wasn't that bad the Dr. said but he does leak milk sometimes when he drinks so he went ahead and cut it. Painful? Actually no, he didn't even cry. Second weird thing was he was born with a skin tag on his nipple. Again, why? Who knows. So the Dr tied a piece of suture around it and it's suppose to just fall off. It hasn't yet. Third weird thing about this kid is I noticed he has so many soft spots on his head. The Dr felt all of them and said everything was normal but he does have bigger gaps so we just have to be careful on rotating him when he sleeps so he doesn't get a flat head. Interesting. Well that's about all the excitement that's been going around here. I am glad Alex only has minor weird things wrong with him. He still the cutest kid ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
hearing about Alex and seeing the pics makes me just want little Taylor to come sooner! I can't wait to actually see Alex in person!
So glad everything is going so well and that he's chunking up perfectly!!! Hope to see you all soon!!
Like Father like Son...(All those WEIRD trates are coming out!)
You know he didn't get any of those things from you...
I'm sure he will find a Girl that will accept his Snake Tongue, 3rd nipple, and lumpy skull!...Tyler did!!
Oakley kind of has that tongue thing! They didn't cut hers, but at her last appt. they were having her repeat a bunch of sounds trying to figure out if her tongue was touching the top of her pallet. I think she is okay, but time will tell!
hey jamie-i loved your pics of alex, adorable! and my brother was tongue tied too-had to clip it right on off. and despite those "weird" things, he is still so freakin cute
What a cute little chunk! Those are all weird things and isn't it weird that you wouldn't even know what any of them are until the 3rd time around. So if I wait for a night that we can make it to your house it is never going to happen, again this week we don't have a free night and then we are going to st. george this weekend so what if I come during the day? Would this Wednesday work for you?
That is so weird, I have never heard about the tongue tied thing. I'm just glad that he is fine and nothing major! He is so cute, by the way!!
Hey it's
47-481 Pakai Place
Kanoehe, HI 96744...what for? Are you going to come and visit me, lol...How's the new baby...He's so cute, makes me want to have another one, and then after a day in the house with my 3, reminds me why I won't, lol...
Oh cute, I only did birth annoucements with my first lol, good for you that you still have the drive to do all those little things...BTW, did you see my flash back friday, just wondering, cause there's some pics of you in there...xoxo
Weird things, but not noticeable weird things. I know other babies have a lot worse physically! He is adorable! I text you my address. Let me know if you don't get it!
Post a Comment