Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Discovery Health Channel

So a few weeks ago I kept seeing this preview on the Discovery Health channel about a family with six kids who ALL have Autism. It would say the names of a few of the kids and they were like Nephi and Emma so I was like this family has got to be LDS! Well I did record it and watched it yesterday. What a humbling experience. I am just trying to adjust with 3 kids right now so times can be frustrating. Then I see this family from Murray, Utah with all 6 of their kids suffering from a whole range of Autism. 2 of the kids very severe. Here I am with 3 easy kids complaining about Olivia singing too much or Drew just being too loud and these kids can't even say Mamma. It made me realize how blessed I am and how easy I have it. No more complaining for me....

3 comments:

jaesi said...

amen.
so very humbling.

Renee and Kiddies said...

Man I need a dose of that, cause my kids drive me bonkers, do you know if it's going to air again?

The Foisy's said...

Yes, I agree. I thank my lucky stars everyday. I studied autism quite a bit in school and it had me terrified. I'm still terrified! But you're right we have to be grateful for our kids personalities, even when they're noisy and irritating. I'm just grateful Avery can be noisy and irritating. Thanks for that post!