Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday. He would of been 47 today. I can't believe he's been gone for 7 years. I miss him so much, especially with these little rug rats running around. He would of loved them to pieces. This was the only picture I could find of him and I. It was for a Young Woman's Daddy Daughter Date. It seems like yesterday when we had this picture taken. Happy Birthday Dad, I love you!

Drew and Olivia wrote a Birthday message on their balloons and sent the balloons up to heaven for Grandpa. Drew really had a hard time accepting Grandpa's death. Just kidding, he did not want to let that blue balloon go. Poor guy! We have done this tradition since Olivia was a baby, they do need to be reminded that they have a Grandpa in heaven.






8 comments:

Michelle Arnett said...

Thanks for sharing Jamie! And happy birthday to your Dad! I love love love the balloon tradition. It's good for our kids to understand they have someone special even though they can't see them. Loves! Can't wait to play tonight!

A said...

Wow has it really been that long! I loved your dad too! He is watching from Heaven and loving you all very much. Cute idea with the balloons.

Renee and Kiddies said...

I miss your dad, I remember him being so cool when we would have sleepover's and stuff...and he always said hi to me when he was working, was it Harmons, can't remember, somewhere. Anyways he was an awesome dad seriously...take care, god bless, tell your mom I said hi and your brothers too, xoxo.

Stephanie said...

What a great tradition!!! Drew is hilarious!!!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

happy birthday Jim:) i really loved your dad. he made chuck a rama so fun and was so thoughtful to make sure i was ok once i transfered. i can still remember him driving around the provo store after closing trying to get me and kenzie's attention, just to see how we were! your kids would of had a blast with him!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

What a GREAT way to let the kids keep him in their lives.
I LOVE the picts of Drew. That is hillarious! I will bring him a balloon of his own!

Jill said...

That's a great thing to do with your kids every year. And Drew is so funny.

Kat said...

No way has it been 7 years! WOW! That is so funny with Drew! I loved your dad...walking into your kitchen and him home for lunch making something gourmet.