Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolution Smesolution

I am NOT an resolution maker. In fact I am not a goal maker. Tyler finds it odd since he is an avid goal setter. One of his goals was to be a millionaire before he's 31 years old. Yah, he'll be 31 next month, haven't seen the millions rolling in. I feel goals and/or resolutions are things you want to accomplish. Key word WANT. There is a good chance you won't accomplish them at all. So what am I? I am a list maker. A to-do list maker. Instead of making goals that I hope to accomplish, I just make a list of realistic tasks that I need to do. And this is important, I actually do them! I always have a to-do list laying around this house somewhere. My life would fall apart if I didn't have my lists.
1- I need to date my husband more often. We used to be so good at this. Going out at least every month. Now that the kids are getting older sometimes it's just easier to take them with us. We need to leave them home.
2- I need my bathing suit body back by my Birthday. Yuck. I don't want exercise so I might be doing a little exercising and a little starving myself to achieve this (with a little tanning too, that always makes you look thinner). We have a trip planned right after my Birthday and I want to look the best out of all my friends! Haha.
3- I need to be more organized. I love to organize so this should be easy. It's just finding the time, I guess. Or maybe just using my time wisely! I got my new best pal for Christmas, my label maker. He is going to help me.
4- One on one time with the kids. Especially Olivia and Drew. We do it sometimes but we need to really do it monthly. Daddy Daughter dates/ Father and Son dates. And alone time with Mom. This is so important, they are growing up so quickly.
5- I need to go Visiting teaching every month this year! My companion is a close friend and all 4 ladies we visit teach are close friends. So it should be really easy, I just need to get off my butt and do it, faithfully.
6- Temple time. I need to make time for the Temple. I don't love to go, to be honest. Maybe when I am older and less ADD I will grow a better appreciation for the temple but I just get bored very easily. I have so much work to do and I need to just do it!
7- I need to save more money. I love to spend money so this is hard. But I know the importance of saving and I really need to stop shopping (so much). I need to shop but just not as much. Deal?
8- I need to print my blog entries. I actually do this for a reason. I have given up scrapbooking/journaling. I have a couple of years to do so it's a big project on my mind.
9- I have always wanted to get my wedding dress preserved. Almost 8 years later and I still haven't had it done. Olivia probably will think it's hideous when she gets married but I will take the chance. I also want to do my Temple dress (which is the dress I got married in). I can just picture Olivia getting married in it. That would make me so happy. I have done all 3 kids blessing outfits, for their babies. So I haven't totally dropped the ball.
10- Food storage. We did this last year but I need to complete it. We have the water, we have the 48 hour backpacks ready, we have the emergency cash supply, and we have the 3 month food supply. What we don't have is the plan. The meeting place, the personal documents (laminated). There is always room for improvement for emergency preparedness. And I want to feel prepared!
So now that I am overwhelmed and I feel like curling up in my bed and taking a long nap... At least I shouldn't be bored for a few months.

5 comments:

The Foisy's said...

Hey, I'm like you I never accomplish what I intend to, but I like all your goals, mine are similar. I especially like Tyler's millions goal before he's 31, when he figures that one out let us Foisy's know, we want to cruise the rich boat too. And, as for your body, it's hot! You don't need to worry about that for you trip!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Just save your time and money and stand next to me during the whole Vacation....You will appear skinnier than ever, Darker than normal, and Best of all you won't even have to wear makeup!!
As for keeping your wedding dress for Liv....Would you have wanted to wear your Mother's dress? I sure didn't!...No offense mom, if you are reading this....But, seriously save your money!...Possibly make money on the thing and sell it!....As for the Temple dress, well that's a different story! I think they look the same as they did 20 years ago....So, save that one and in the next 20 years it will still be in style!
But, then again....Liv is going to be MUCH taller than you anyhow, So....It won't even fit her....
Don't waste your money on preserving your memories!! :)

The Dabo's said...

Whatever! I am totally going to keep my wedding dress and my temple dress. Even if she makes a baby blessing dress or blanket out of it, it would be worth it. And the temple dress actually can be let out on the bottom. Don't worry I have thought of these things!
No makeup? Yah people would be like who is that asian girl with you guys?

Brown Family! said...

I completely agree! I LOVE to-do lists!! :) I have a little notepad in my purse for my lists, and I LOVE crossing things off as I finish them haha! But I also have goals for myself...or maybe just expectations :)

love bug momma said...

Hey girl! Just in case you don't know....there are a few sites where you can print off your blog and it's bound in a book... My blog is basically my journal of our little lives and I'll just have it printed every year. Makes it more simple.