Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Help me understand!

So I get a call from the kid's pediatrician's office, she said I have an outstanding balance. Okay, for what? She said I had met my cap for well checks last year for Alex. Hmm? Didn't know I had a cap for well checks. So I call my insurance office. Sure enough, 500.00 per kid is what I get for well checks and immunizations per year. What? I have a cap for preventative care? I look at the bill closely and all the charges are for immunizations. Which is ironic since Alex is behind because I will only let them give him one shot per visit. So you are telling me I owe 300.00 for shots that the government wants him to have? Here we pay a pretty penny for our premiums just to have health insurance. Then my co-payment is 40 big ones. Now I have to pay full price for the immunizations? Why does this bug me? Because there is a TON of people out there getting all of that for FREE! So why am I being punished when I do right?

6 comments:

Kara said...

That sucks!! What insurance do you have? As much as insurance is great, it also sucks!! Seems like they want to cover you for HUGE things that happen but in the mean time don't want to cover your for any costs of the preventative care to prevent it! Good luck with all of that.

Isaac and Dallas said...

I am so sorry. That is so crappy. I hate insurance. I swear they look to find any way to screw you. The sad part is that you have to have insurance just in case. I am with Kara good luck.

estinger said...

UGH that is the story of life if you're middle class. You get screwed at BOTH ends while people who do NOTHING get everything while we get to pay for it! NOT awesome!

Stephanie said...

Totally!!! That's crazy!! I have never heard of a cap before!!! Weird!

Walter Family said...

That's so ridiculous! Insurance seems like it's getting worse and worse, I hate it! I know we still need it, but sometimes it feels like it's almost not worth it anymore! I always feel like I'm getting screwed somehow! I hope for you they made a mistake and things work out. Not covering immunizations doesn't sound right at all. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all that!

Laurel Vankleek said...

Pisses me off as well! The good guy always gets screwed!!