
I received a call yesterday that Drew has been selected for Kindergarten at a Charter school down the street. And that puts Olivia # 2 on the list which pretty much means she is in as well.
We are excited because from my understanding this school is a lot like Challenger and we all know I am a huge fan of Challenger.
There are definitely pro's and con's to Charter schools and we are going to have to do some adjusting. Like there is no bussing. They wear uniforms. It's traditional, so no more tracks (which I have enjoyed).
But we are willing to give it a try and if we love it, we love it. And if we don't we will change back the following year to the public school. We just feel lucky to get the chance to try it out.
I still can't believe I will have two in elementary this coming year. Thank goodness, right?
4 comments:
That's so cool Drew was accepted! Brayden will be bummed without Olivia with her next year, though! But I have heard great things about that school so I'm sure your kids will love it...and having normal, nice long summers! :)
We have a lot of those down here. I think you will really like it. My friends who have kids going love it. Of course, it is an adjustment with the clothing, buses and such but I think it will be great!
Wow. You've got some smart kiddos! Congratulations to them both! Your comment made me laugh! Happy belated birthday yesterday! Sorry I missed it!
Oh, I thought it was based on the level of the student. Well congratulations on getting both of them in on luck! It will be interesting to hear what you think!
Post a Comment