Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Organize me
So I think my 6 month maternity leave is over. Dang. 
I love to organize but it is WORK. There is no way around that. I feel my house is slowly becoming a hoarder's home.
Okay not really but I have toys coming out my butt. So some things need to change.

Pinterest has come into my life in the last 6 months as well. It is still not as addicting to me as I can see it is for some but I have seen a few ideas that I have saved so I can give it a try. And I'm excited. (that excited didn't even get an explanation mark)

Have you seen the LOWES commercials lately. Their slogan is "NEVER STOP IMPROVING"! I love this! You should never stop improving. Whether it be work,  yourself, your marriage or your house. Never stop improving! There are ALWAYS ways to improve every aspect of your life.


Okay enough of the life coaching. So I saw this technique on someone else's blog. Some one I don't know. I thought brilliant!  But I don't believe everything I read so I wanted to give it a try!


So I have tile on my kitchen floor. The grout is nasty. Always nasty. We have had it professionally steamed before but when I saw this I thought maybe I could do it. And when I say I, I mean Tyler. 


It worked! Can you see the two lines I did clean verses the two lines I didn't?


And all I used was this: 

I let it soak for a few minutes then I wiped off. I didn't have to scrub! At first there doesn't look to be much of a difference but when it dries is when it starts glowing! 


Now I realize it will take some time to do this to my whole floor but I think it will be worth it. And that is what Tyler is for.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

great idea! what color is your grout? Mine is brown. Do you think it would work on mine?

The Dabo's said...

My grout is a beige. The lady said it works on any color of grout? I would test a little tiny area first.

Emily said...

Thank you!! We got our grout sealed last time it was cleaned and it still is getting dirty again FAST. Great tip!

Janey - UtValleyFoodie said...

Looks like a great tip!! I can see how this would be tedious but kinda fun, too.

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Can't wait to see Tyler's FINISHED Product!

Kat said...

I will have to try this, mine is filthy!