Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Olivia and the Simple Machine

I remember the days when I didn't have to think so much....
Having a second grader you have to help with homework, which means you have to think. Sometimes really hard. 
The kids have homework every single day. It's rather annoying. But I guess it's life. A lot of the kid's homework I have to correct before they send it back the next day. Which means I have to know the answers. Which means I am getting really good at my 2nd grade math again. Which means Olivia frequently says "Mom, just google it".
So Monday she brought a paper home that said her science project is due Thursday. What the? I'm guessing this project was given out while we were on vacation, giving everyone else a week and a half to complete. We had 3 days. They are learning simple machines. So she (and Dad) made a machine with incline planes and a pulley system. And then she had to write a report all about it.


She was seriously so proud of her project. She really did do a lot of it herself.
And heck yes we are keeping it and renaming it for when Drew/Alex/Esther need to make a simple machine.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Good job Olivia! I have to admit, we have recycled a few projects around here too!

Stephanie said...

That's awesome!!!!!! And I'm all about recycling!!! : )

OLIVERSONFAM said...

Maybe you could rent it out when it's not in use....Cause, we may need to borrow it!

Kat said...

Im not looking forward to these type of homework assignments. Kindergarten is hard enough for me to keep up with.