I don't like to run. Like I don't get people who love it. My boobs bounce. My butt bounces. My ribs hurt. My teeth ache. And after I smell like a little boy.
But I sort of like my two school aged kids and I sort of love their school. So I took one for the team. The 5K Fun Run- Navigator Point Academy fundraiser. Now I don't go door to door for donations. I refuse. I don't really like it when people do it to me so I won't do it to them. So "Utah Business Magazine" sponsored us. The three of us, Me, Liv and Drew.
Me and Jillian Michaels have been working out together for about 6 weeks (she kicks my trash). So I was pleasantly surprised that I could run, without stopping every 2 minutes. Drew was my running partner and he did AWESOME! Seriously so great. I bet he was the only kindergartener that ran the 5k.
Olivia split off to run with her friend Tayja. Big mistake. Without a parent constantly egging them on they were looking at cows, the mountains, rolly pollies...
So Drew and I of course beat the girls, by 10 minutes. He was so proud of himself. And so we signed him up for track!
If you raised a certain amount of money for the school you got the treat to eat lunch with the principal. Oooooh!? They were so dang excited and Drew said he was a little nervous. There were probably 12 kids that got to do this. They brought in Subway and fruit and had lunch with Mrs. Farris. Highlight of their year I'm sure.
The fun run ended up being pretty dang fun. I think I will become a runner. Once a year.
The runners.
The sad non runner.
You snooze you lose. This is when we passed the girls.
For his little body, this was like running a full marathon I think.
Half way!
Me and my bud. He had a 14 minute mile. Not bad.
I think this was the only time Liv ran. When she saw the finish line.
Drew with one of his teachers.
The bird watchers.
I brought the babysitter.
Tyler was supposed to be cleaning the church. But he said he would come if I wore short shorts. And so I did!
Lunch date with Mrs. Farris.










3 comments:
I would have come too, if I would have known you were wearing your short shorts!
Drew came over to show us his new Track Shoes...I had him run a few sprints to see if they made him go faster....Now Trace thinks he NEEDS a pair.
I have to say that I am WAY proud of you! I never in a million years thought I would see you run!! Love it!
Um, can I have your legs? Thank you.
Post a Comment