Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

home is where the sun is

{Memorial Weekend}
It was kind of spur of the moment but we decided we wanted to swim over Memorial weekend. And when I say we, I mean I. And when I say swim, I mean lounge in the sun. In order to do this we needed to head to my home, St. George. You see us St. Georgians worship thou sun gods.

It really annoys me when my kids know of a trip coming up and they ask several times every day for a month when we are leaving for that trip. It's usually Alex because he doesn't understand time. So I didn't tell them we were going on a little trip. I just made all the arrangements, packed while they were at school and patiently (I'm giddy) waited until they got home. They were beyond excited! The cute little bags awaiting them were filled with snacks for the trip and of course they all needed a new pair of shades. We were on the road within 10 minutes.

We usually don't do St. George over Memorial. I don't know why not because it is perfect swimming weather and we got to visit my Dad's grave, which is what the weekend is all about. We had an absolute blast.



























4 comments:

Brown Family! said...

How fun! I love St. George. And I love that you surprised them with the trip :)

Little Beachs said...

Sun God Worshipers Unite

OLIVERSONFAM said...

DANG!..Even Little Cabbage Patch was BEAT after such a FUN trip!
Looks like A BLAST!!

Walter Family said...

We LOVE it there! Looks like you all had a great time! What a fun surprise!!!