{May 2012}
We received a call that the Stake President wanted to meet with Tyler. I asked if I needed to be there and he said no. That was a good sign. So Tyler went and later we found out ALL the men in leadership roles in our ward met with one of the Stake Presidency that day. When Tyler got home I asked him, what did the President say? What did you guys talk about? I was dying! Did you tell him we wanted to move soon? Tyler said no. Well what did you tell him??? He said, I told him my life couldn't be better.
{August 26, 2012}
Tyler was at ward council when I received the call in the morning. First of all the guy said Hi is this Jamie? They never call me by my first name. I knew right then it was time. He said President would like to meet with YOU and Tyler later this evening.
As soon as Tyler got home from meetings I told him he's in BIG trouble!
Church that day was hard. I just wanted to know what he wanted to meet with us about? Maybe a Stake calling? But honestly I knew our Bishopric was ready to be changed since our current Bishop had been serving for 6 years already.
Our Stake President is amazing. The whole Presidency is really. President met with Tyler alone first. Then they brought me in. It was an amazing meeting, just President, me and Tyler. Super personal. I am not going to go into too much detail but I will say he did show us a letter. A letter from the First Presidency. Stating they support Tyler in this position. Signed by President Monson and his counselors.
.Bishop Dabo.
Some how Tyler and I weren't that surprised. It's like we were already preparing since that first meeting in May. We just felt humbled, honored and inadequate. We have a ward full of other men that would do a great job. Older, wiser men.
The next two weeks were torture. We were not to tell anyone except family. What made it worse is that they announced it the week before that the bishopric was going to change. It was so hard to not tell people the truth when they would point blank ask if Tyler was the next Bishop.
{September 9, 2012}
Such a great day. You could tell who was in the new Bishopric because of all the family that came. Every speaker was amazing and even though I too had to speak, it was one of the best Sacrament meetings I've ever been to. I about lost it when they had Tyler go sit up in his new seat, knowing next time my kids sit with their Dad in Sacrament meeting Liv will be around 14 years old and Esther will be around 6.
Tyler had very strong feelings of who his Counselors should be. Such a neat experience for him. And I love their wives. Bonus! It just so happens last weekend was our Stake's Bishop's retreat/training. I was so glad to meet all the other Bishop's and their wives. And we learned so much from our Stake Presidency. Perfect timing.
The rest is history. I receive multiple calls every day for Bishop Dabo. Tyler has multiple meeting to attend. And yesterday was my first Sunday alone with the kids. It's a crazy life but we feel very very blessed.
Tyler had very strong feelings of who his Counselors should be. Such a neat experience for him. And I love their wives. Bonus! It just so happens last weekend was our Stake's Bishop's retreat/training. I was so glad to meet all the other Bishop's and their wives. And we learned so much from our Stake Presidency. Perfect timing.
The rest is history. I receive multiple calls every day for Bishop Dabo. Tyler has multiple meeting to attend. And yesterday was my first Sunday alone with the kids. It's a crazy life but we feel very very blessed.

5 comments:
He is going to be awesome. At ward council yesterday I just kept thinking how right he and Nate looked sitting there.
I didn't sit with my dad at church from the time I was 8 until about 14 and then again a couple of years later until...well, it would still be that way if I lived at home. He is still on a stand somewhere. But I never felt like he didn't have time for us. And your kids will be the same! :)
We are so excited for this opportunity we have to be a part of your family's service! Sunday was great and I agree with Emily, it just feels right. If you need any babysitters i am available! I like Emily didn't sit with my dad from when I was 13 until I left home. But it was so much fun to watch my dad on the stand fall asleep, we still tease him to this day!
Tyler...I mean BISHOP, (I don't know how well I will be at remembering to call him that!) will do a GREAT job!
So will his counselors!
We are excited for your new journey and we are here to SUPPORT!
XOXO
Sooo awesome! :)
You are going to prove your wonder womeness even more now! What a amazing journey you guys are starting, he is going to be awesome.
Post a Comment