Organize me
Don't worry I'm not ready to start these posts once a week. But I am ready to post every once in awhile. I don't know when in my life I will be able to really pursue my hobby but I know it's not now. Kim and Curtis need me, my kids need me and my Bishop needs me.
Tyler and I were really trying to move before he was called into the Bishopric. We have looked at several houses and lots. Never finding exactly what we wanted. It consumed our time and it never felt right. So we are relieved to hang that up for a long time and stay put in this house we really do love. We built this house 8 years ago and we have celebrated every one of our kid's first Birthday's here. It's home.
But by doing this we will have to make some changes. This home needs to work for us and so were are thinking of ways to make things work.
First thing I wanted to change was the FRONT ROOM. I don't get front rooms? I don't understand the purpose and I would rather have that square feet in the great room/kitchen area. BUT obviously that's not happening. We never used the front room. EVER. So I wanted to make it more inviting. More homey, in hopes maybe we will spend some time in there.
I didn't take before pictures. Mainly because at first I was just "seeing" how this and that looked over here and there. It was innocent in the beginning and then one thing led to another. And really I just rearranged some furniture, bought some cute pillows and a fabulous new chair.
I decided to hang ALL our family portraits on our wall. I'm surprised I could find every single one. It's fun to see how much we have all changed over the years. And each time we get a new family picture I will just add it to the wall.
I didn't take before pictures. Mainly because at first I was just "seeing" how this and that looked over here and there. It was innocent in the beginning and then one thing led to another. And really I just rearranged some furniture, bought some cute pillows and a fabulous new chair.
I decided to hang ALL our family portraits on our wall. I'm surprised I could find every single one. It's fun to see how much we have all changed over the years. And each time we get a new family picture I will just add it to the wall.
Now I am realizing what a front room is for. Because of Tyler's calling we get unannounced visitors all the time. So instead of the people seeing my messy kitchen or great room they hang out in the living room. Also before Tyler and his counselors go on visits they meet in the front room to talk. Now I get it and love it!



4 comments:
Can we move into your front room?! DARLING! Love the family portrait idea, can't wait to come over and see them close up. Nate's parents have ALL of theirs up and it is so fun to see the changes over the years.
I LOVE the new chair - and the family portrait idea (except that Curtis and I have NO family pictures since our wedding day haha). Super cute!
Turned out FAB!
My favorite is the coral lamp...I can't believe you didn't post a close up picture of it! It deserves a close up!
Good JOB on your makeover!
When we move will you be my interior designer? Seriously. You just have the touch.
Post a Comment