Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

.TEAM BABY.

.The day I found out I was pregnant.

{09.18.12}

I did in-vitro in June. I could have sworn I was pregnant. I would have put money on it. But I wasn't. It didn't work in June.

I did in-virto again in September. This time I would have bet I wasn't pregnant. I had absolutely no symptoms and no feelings that I was. I was even already telling some people, I don't think it worked.
(So much for my motherly intuitions. Obviously it's because I'M NOT the mother!)

Taking a pregnancy test was on my mind. Even though it was really too early to take one. But once something is on my mind..... I went to the store and picked up a cheap-o test. I just wanted to see the negative sign to get me through another day of wondering.

I took it after lunch with Tyler. I couldn't even wait for the first morning pee. It was immediately POSITIVE. I seriously could not believe my eyes. I called Tyler right away and told him. He had me text him a picture of the test because he wanted to be sure. So I did! 
I saved a digital test from our June experience. I didn't want to use that one early because they are expensive and I didn't want to waste it. Should I use it? I needed a second opinion but I was so worried it would say negative. I thought oh well I'm taking it! But I had to wait until I had to pee again. 

So about 45 minutes later I took the digital one... POSITIVE! I was shaking at this point! I could not believe it. I could not wait to tell Kim so I texted her right away, she was in St. George with her Mom, waiting for the rest of us to arrive the next day. 
Obviously Kim and my Mother-in-law were freaking out. And Kim later surprised Curtis with a picture of the tests and balloons!

I could not wait to get there the next day to celebrate...........

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love this! I'm so excited for you guys and love hearing every little detail!

The Bubblegum Chronicles said...

I heard that you were doing this from some friends the other day. I had to jump on here and read the news! Congrats! You are amazing!!!