Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Organize me

I guess I'm the sentimental type. I love memories.

I've posted before about my box in the kitchen. The box that holds the really impressive school stuff. School pictures. Report cards. Ect.
The box is just supposed to hold the current school year but I'm just getting around to emptying last years things.
Now they each have a little file for all their school years. And remember I'm not a keeper. So there is maybe 10 things in each year.

This lead me to thinking that they each needed a box. A box to hold random pictures (yes Olivia and Drew were born before digital pictures), their baby book, their little onesie from the hospital, hospital bracelets, the ball Alex got stuck on his finger for a day, the girl's favorite baby doll (when they are done with them). I'm loving a little place for for their little keepsakes. 
We are officially out of any extra storage. Like there's none. So these boxes will be held in their own rooms, up high in their closets. My next house, far far far from now, will have so much storage.

7 comments:

Janey - UtValleyFoodie said...

So each box has those little file totes? Did you put cute fabric on two of those boxes or did they come like that? I like this idea, so clearly I need details, ha.

Janey - UtValleyFoodie said...

AND I like how you limit to around 10 school papers/art per year. When they are older, they can help choose.

Shelby said...

Cute idea! Storage in my house is non existent. Like seriously, there is none. Doesn't make it very easy to keep it clutter free when you have toddler twins! Ha! Yes, next house- mucho storage!!

Laurel Vankleek said...

Get your but over to your mama's house. You need to take a couple of weeks and organize my house. I think the real secret is to put things back once you pull something out. Always in a hurry. Makes things messy....

The Tews said...

I am going to get a little box to file away all your great ideas.

The Dabo's said...

Janey- The fabric looking box is just a box with a lid. There are no files in them. And I did not cover them with fabric, haha, they come that way. From Target. The clear and grey boxes are filed inside. Those boxes will hold the school stuff. The other boxes will hold everything else. Hope that helps!

Cami said...

Okay I love this!! I am definitely a keeper and can't throw anything away and couldn't think of the best way to save their school stuff etc. I just might have to steal this! You are so organized and on top of things! Even pregnant with 3. Amazing