Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

the reveal to the world

{California Christmas}
Kim's first ever baby shower

One of Kim's best friends in California threw her a baby shower while we were there. Since we had just found out the genders a couple weeks before we thought it would be fun to have a gender reveal. Just to drive everyone crazy. Oh and we actually "accidentally" found out the genders at my 14 week appt (boys are not modest). So I had been keeping the secret for a very long time. I couldn't wait for people to know and share the excitement with us!

It was such a special day for Kim. One I'm sure she has been dreaming about for a very long time. Probably a little surreal under the circumstances. But very very special. She will have another shower obviously in Utah where gifts can be a little more personalized but this one was just for the basics (gender neutral stuff), since know one knew the genders quite yet. One Aunt did buy 3 boy outfits and 3 girl outfits, then placed the right ones in the bag last minute. 

I decided to get them a year supply of white ONESIES! Preemie-12 months. That's 75 onesies to be exact! They turned out pretty cute as cupcakes. (I'm finding myself spoiling these babies already).


The gender reveal consisted of 3 wrapped boxes. 
Kim opened box number ONE.....
BOY!
I opened box number TWO.....
BOY!
And then she opened the final box......
 GIRL!
Of course everyone cheered for the GIRL. 

Some of Kim's presents:


 Even I received a couple of gifts!
The cake was super cute (and yummy), showing off the genders.
I love this Mamma.


Such a fun shower!

No comments: