Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

.Organize Me.

Laundry Service

laundry

About 18 months ago I HATED doing laundry. I had 3 kids and a husband and I could NOT keep up. It’s one of those never ending tasks. Plus we are not ones to wear things twice, I like fresh jammies and clothes everyday. And more often then not I wouldn’t do laundry all week then have to do 10 giant loads on Saturday, which was overwhelming and just not a fun Saturday for anyone.

So I made a schedule. I am good at keeping schedules. It has saved my laundry hating days! I do about two loads a day. Which is much more manageable. And I don’t get behind because I know I will have to do 3 or 4 loads the next day if I do. So my schedule looks a little like this and it’s taped to the back of my laundry room door. (I have it memorized now)

Monday- Drew’s darks & Alex’s darks

Tuesday- Olivia’s darks & kitchen towels

Wednesday- Kid’s whites & bathroom towels

Thursday- Mom and Dad’s whites & blankies

Friday- Mom’s darks & Dad’s darks

(bedding is done every 3rd week when the cleaners come, but you could do it every other Saturday)

That’s it. So simple but makes the biggest difference. Every family is different so you would just modify to make it work for you. And we never run out of “underwear” because it’s always done on it’s day.

*TIP 1: I keep everyone’s clothes separate. Except for whites. So I don’t combine the boys clothes or me and Tyler’s clothes. That way putting them away is easier.

*TIP 2: Tyler and Olivia put away their own clothes. It’s the least they can do.

*TIP 3: A lot of the times I am putting away clothes in the evening when Tyler is bathing the kids.

 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I do 2 loads a day too!!! : ) much better than 10 on Saturday!!! I've even taught the big boys how to put their clothes away and hang up their shirts!! I really like to do laundry and I even love to fold it but I HATE putting it away!! And now with my 3 little helpers it is so much easier!!!

Walter Family said...

Oooh, I need to do that! I hate laundry more than anything, and it is always way backed up! I love that you wash everyone's clothes separately - that would really save me a step. Thanks, Jamie! I'm loving all of your tips!