.Organize Me.
It’s TIME! You need to go through your kid’s toys.
We need to get rid of toys before buying more for Christmas.
Donate them. Some people can only afford second hand toys for their kids so you are doing something great by donating around the holidays.
Include your kids. I make sure my kids know where these toys are going and why. They need to learn not to become attached to materialistic things and they need to learn charity. Ask them what they would like another little girl or boy to enjoy. Give them the choice of what they want to give up.
PS. It’s hard! Olivia has had this giant purple Care Bear since she was two years old. She is passed the Care Bear age so why are we keeping this? It was so hard to let it go. And not because I wanted the Care Bear but it’s hard to let go of my two year old little girl. BUT I have pictures of my 2 year old little girl with her purple giant Care Bear and that’s all I need.
4 comments:
ah yes- this is something I do and do a lot!
I HATE toys. I have no relationship with them (only with the amount of money used for purchasing them)
I love to get the kids involved as well. This is on the list to do- asap.
Totally agree!!! I de-junk the toys before christmas too!!! : )
You are so good. I feel like you are the model mommy. You are making us all look bad though! ;)
or donate them to the nursery! the nursery always needs new, not broken, toys...then it kinda benefits your own neighborhood. :>
Post a Comment