Friday, July 18, 2008
Farewell Zoe
So having a puppy was short lived. Regretting my decision of buying her since the day after I bought her it was just too much on me right now. Potty Training a puppy is a TON of work. Not to mention other little quarks that I am not used to. Like how attached she was to me and wouldn't even let me go to the bathroom ALONE. So I thought how am I suppose to do this when in a couple of months I will have a newborn? Well the perfect scenario came up and when we went to California, a family in our ward and neighborhood offered to watch her. Now this family already has animals, has had dogs in the past and desperately wants a puppy. So it was no surprise when we came back they offered to buy her. They are the perfect family for little Zoe. They have a little girl who's 9, Haley and a little boy who's 7. Great ages for a puppy. Not so much mine, 4, 2, and 0. So anyways I thought it would be a no brainer to sale her to them but it was a hard decision on our family. I actually longed for Zoe when we were on our vacation and I know the rest of the family did too. But thinking in the future we would have a new little joy to spoil and admire in just a short while. So I know we made the best decision and when the kids are old enough to help with a puppy we can get another. So these last couple of days Haley has brought Zoe to visit us when we need a quick Zoe fix. She actually brings her in a baby stroller and blanket, plus her hair all done up in a bow. There is no doubt Zoe is getting spoiled to death. They are such a great family and I am so grateful that this perfect opportunity came up where they do the dirty work and we still get visitation rights. Today Haley brought over a little thank you note with a picture of Zoe. Too cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wouldn't be able to do it either. Pets are a lot of work. Glad to hear your pup is in a new home.
Hey that's the best kind of dog...the one that you just have visitation rights to. I hear ya though, they are a lot of work and especially with a new baby on the way. I've seen Haley pushing her around in the stroller, i bet she's spoiled and pampered like no other over there. Glad you feel better though, having a pet is a lot of work.
I just have to laugh! I was considering a dog eventually until I dog sat for my neighbors....I will never have a dog now! It is just too much work! I'm glad Zoe has a new home with people that love her!
I was wondering how you'd do it with a newborn... I never met Zoe, but I'm glad she's gone. I'm not much of a pet person.
That is nice that you found a family close to take Zoe so that you can still visit her, but you don't have to worry about all the trouble with her. I think that taking care of a dog is hard work, not to mention the fact that you are having a baby soon!!!
Post a Comment